We hope that this ride will add to the growing movement of citizens concerned about the effects of tar sands development, and are excited at the possibility of mobilizing diverse organizations in support of our position. Imagine unions, environmental organizations, human rights groups, farmers, faith groups and other concerned citizens all acting together to speak out against unfettered and destructive industrial development. Our voices are amplified when we unite, so please join us! Support active youth in your community, and demand justice from business and government!
We are happy to discuss with you different ways of recognizing you along the way â€“ your organizationâ€™s logo will be featured on our website and promotional materials, and can be affixed to flags on our bicycles, on our clothing or equipment, or on information that we distribute as we ride. We are neither seeking nor accepting questionable corporate sponsorship for this bike caravan â€“ donations largely come from individuals, citizens groups, labour unions, and environmental and social justice coalitions
Contact Marya at email@example.com for more information.
To donate online, please click here.Â Be sure to select Sierra Youth Coalition in the “chapter designation”, and Return to the Tar Sands in the “campaign designation”.
Financial donations can also be sent to:
Sierra Youth Coalition
406-1 Nicholas Street
Ottawa, ON, K1N 7B7
Please indicate in the memo of your cheque that the donation is intended for the Return to the Tar Sands Bike Trip. Thanks so much for your help!
Ways You Can Support Us Financially
Donate funds in any denomination. We appreciate all your help!
Sponsor an Event
- Help us collect the resources to hold an event or film screening as we travel
- $100/event, with approximately 12 events planned in total
Sponsor one Cyclist
- Sustain one cyclist as s/he rides from Fort McMurray to Calgary
Sponsor a Cycling Team
- Sustain any number of cyclists throughout their journey
Sponsor one leg of our Trip
- Choose a route to sustain us through
- Choose your donation in 25km increments, at $225.00/25km
- For example, to sponsor us between Red Deer and Calgary = $1422.00
Help Us get to Fort Chipewyan for the Keepers of the Water Conference
Sponsor the Training Week
- Help make our training week possible by donating funds for space booking, food, transport from Edmonton to Fort McMurray, and incidental resources.
- Training week costs are estimated at $1000.00
Host the Riders
- Offer space in your home to a gang of sweaty, tired activists! Weâ€™ll clean up after ourselves.
Host an Event
- Make an event possible by organizing space, advertising, media contacts, and potential guests for an event in your community. Events can range from â€œtown hallâ€ meetings, film screenings, discussions, speakers, rallies, letter-writing parties, tours, anything!
- Provide some of the hardware weâ€™ll need to survive
- Useful equipment includes coolers, water jugs, cooking equipment, a camp stove, banner materials and cycling gear such as pannier bags, tools, patch kits, extra inner tubes, lubricant, reflectors, and lights.